The Wisconsin Seed Potato Certification Diagnostic Laboratory offers a variety of seed potato focused diagnostic services ranging from ELISA based testing to real-time PCR assays. Below is a general list of assays currently offered by our laboratory. Please contact us with any specific testing needs and/or questions as we are happy to work with you to fulfill your testing needs as our diagnostic services continue to evolve.
If submitting a sample, please fill out the attached form and submit with the sample.
Molecular Diagnostic Services
- Real-time PCR assay for Dianthicola sp. and D. dianthicola
- Real-time PCR assay for Pectobacterium sp. and P. parmentieri
- Real-time PCR assay for Bacterial ring rot (Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. sepedonicus)
- Please note our accredited lab can test tubers samples being shipped out of country
- IC-Real-time PCR assay for Potato Virus Y (PVY)
- This assay is only offered on dormant tubers warmed for 3 weeks
- Conventional PCR assay for P. carotovorum subsp. carotovorum and P. atrosepticum
ELISA Diagnostic Services
- Elisa Testing for PVY, PVS, PVX, PVA, PVV, PVM, TSWV and PLRV
Recipient(s) will be responsible for all shipping and handling costs in addition to cost for diagnostic services. Please contact our lab personnel (608) 886-6352 for diagnostic service pricing.